WELCOME TO OUR SCOUTING FAMILY!
Cub Scouts is a family centered program that builds character and good citizenship.
For over 100 years, Cub Scouts have been having the time of their lives making new friends and learning new things in an environment designed to help them succeed. From building his own pinewood derby® car to learning how to roast the perfect marshmallow with his best friends at a family campout, your child will LOVE being a Cub Scout. So if he's in the first through fifth grades, or 7 to 10 years old, then it's time for him to have some fun … with the Cub Scouts.
HOW TO JOIN PACK 112
We welcome all boys, entering 1st through 5th grade, who want to join Pack 112. Your son does not have to attend Gulledge or Haun elementary to join. We look forward to helping each scout have a wonderful scouting experience. If you are interested in becoming part of the Pack 112 family, below are a few of the requirements.
1. Print and fill out the BSA application
2. Contact our Membership Chair , Becca Baze.
3. Dues: The Pack collects annual dues of $75 dollars beginning in September. This covers the cost of a Scout Handbook, Neckerchief, Pack T-shirt, Subscription to Boys Life Magazine, Registration with Boys Scouts of America and any awards earned during the year. The cost of a scout uniform is not included in this registration fee.
4. Start participating in our Pack events (see calendar) and join your Den activities(grouped by age/grade level)
(see calendar for more details)
Join us at our next Pack meeting
Monday, Jan. 6th 7-8 pm at Gulledge Cafeteria
We are hosting our First Annual Pack 112 Cake Raffle during this meeting.
We can't wait to see the culinary creations our scouts come up with!
Good luck scouts!
(SEE RULES BELOW)
The rules are simple
1. Cakes should be baked & decorated by the scout and adult supervisor.
2. Store bought cake are allowed as long as the scout & adult do the decorations.
3. All creations must be edible. The use of non‐edible decorations must be removable.
3. Cakes must be placed on disposable tray, platter, or cardboard base.
4. You must include index card with the following info: Scout Name, Type of cake, and List of ingredients on the back
5. Scouts and parents should arrive prepared to “Auction” or “Buy Back” their cake.
6. Scouts and parents can bid on or buy more than one cake (you can go home with more than one cake)
7. Cakes will typically be auctioned starting at $5, $10, $15, $20, etc. (Bids are unlimited!)
Cakes will be judged or voted in the following categories
Highest Bid Winning Cake
Most Creative Cake
Cubbiest (Best Cub Scout Theme Cake)
In addition to the rules above we offer the following guidelines. Although store bought cakes are not forbidden we encourage everyone to think really hard and use your imagination. We know you can come up with something original. We also ask that you avoid using non‐edible items such as toothpicks, plastic, paper, etc. Try to think of alternatives (pretzel sticks, candy sticks, etc.). Mmmmm! Kids love candy.
The Law of the Pack says “The Cub Scout Helps the Pack Go.”
Let the boys be creative and use their imaginations. We’ll all be surprised at what we see and where we go.