Uniform & Awards
When you see someone in a uniform you know they belong to a specific group. A policeman wears a uniform and so does a Doctor and a fireman. Cub Scouts wear a uniform too. Boys in 1st, 2nd or 3rd grade wear a blue shirt, blue pants, and a neckherchief in the correct color, orange for Tigers, yellow for Wolfs, and blue for Bears. Webelos are scouts in 4th and 5th grade that are beginning the transition to Boy Scouts (Webelos is actually an acronym for WE’ll BE LOyal Scouts). Some Webelos will wear the blue shirt and some will wear the khaki shirt, the same one the Boy Scouts wear. All Webelos will wear the Webelos Neckerchief which is yellow, blue, and red plaid. The blue and yellow is to remind them they are still in a Pack and the red is to remind them they will be moving to Boy Scouts soon.
There are other parts of the uniform: pants, belt, socks and a hat. Scouts wearing the blue shirt will wear the blue pants and the hat for their den. Scouts wearing the khaki shirt will wear green pants but still wear the hat for their den (Webelos hat).
Uniform Guidelines for Pack112
Tigers (1st grade), Wolves (2nd grade) and Bears (3rd grade) need the following:
- A blue scout shirt (short sleeve) with appropriate badges (Circle 10 council, World Crest, Den numeral, and Pack 112 Numerals).
- Blue belt and buckle.
- A rank appropriate baseball cap (optional).
- Neckerchief slide (optional – either by rank or general cub scout slide).
- Blue scout shorts (optional). Jeans or shorts with beltloops are approved for pack and den activities; shoes should be appropriate for the expected activity.
Webelos (4th and 5th grade) need the following:
- Olive/Tan Shirt, with blue shoulder loops, with appropriate badges (Circle 10 council, World Crest, Den numeral, and Pack 112 Numerals).
- Webelos Colors Pin.
- Webelos neckerchief & Slide.
- Webelos cap (optional).
- Blue (preferred) or olive belt may be worn. If your scout has Academics and Sports belt loops, these will fit only on the blue belt.
- Olive scout shorts or pants (optional). Jeans or shorts with beltloops are approved for pack & den activities; shoes should be appropriate for the expected activity.
Where to Purchase Uniforms & Patches
Bobby Lyle – Billy Gamble Scout Shop (map)
5600 US Hwy 75 South
Fairview, TX 75069
Circle Ten Council Scout Shop–Dallas (map)
8605 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75235
Online Purchases: http://www.scoutstuff.org/
Placement of Patches & Insignia
Specific details on where all the patches should be placed can be found:
In general to get started:
- Right Sleeve
- U.S. Flag patch pre-sewn onto most uniforms.
- Below the Flag patch – the Den numeral or Den insignia (for Webelos).
- Quality Unit Award (most recent only) may be worn 4″ below the shoulder seam
- Left Sleeve
- Council patch at the top of the sleeve next to the shoulder seam.
- Veteran unit insigna bar may be worn below the council patch.
- Pack Numeral (112) worn under the veteran unit insigna (if worn) or under the council patch.
- Left Pocket
- The world crest is worn centered over the left pocket and centered between the left shoulder seam and the top of the pocket.